8.13.2010

Salt Spring Market

I took the weekend off from studying, loaded up my Westie with red wine, books, knitting and headed over to Salt Spring Island. Was a short ferry ride on the long weekend, and the boat was packed. Found my little reserved campsite and spent the next two days touring the Island, and walking along Fern Point beach. On Saturday morning I did get up at the crack of dawn and headed down to the famous Saturday market. I bought a few veggies for dinner and some wonderful stinky cheese to go with my red wine for that night. Was a well deserved get-a-way and enjoyed the quirky character the Island had to offer. For such a small Island they can sure grow BIG vegetables...must be the soil.



                                Buckets of Sunflowers!!


                                Stacks of radishes and piles of bread....


                                 Fresh garlic for the roasting....


                                    Carrots and beets...


                                            Bouquets are $10 to $15.




                                 Key tip...get there early.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment