5.20.2009

Rise up in San Fran

I spent the last week in school....bread school that is!
Barb Renner and I traveled down to San Fransisco to take in a week long course put on by the San Fransisco Baking Institute. The course was called "Breads of the World" and what a tour it was. On average we produced roughly 200 pounds of dough each day, and created over thirty different kinds of breads. Pan de Coco, Canadas de Azucar, Beer bread, Corona Dulce, Heidebort, Puglises, Panella de Uva, Pain au Saussisson, Naan, Lavash, Khachapuri, Conchas and Pan Dulce Colombiano were just a few...I have never thrown around so much flour in my life and did it in so many countries. What I was able to learn was amazing and I thank Didier Rosada for your patience, knownledge and spirit each day. Although I did not get to visit the city as much as I would have liked, I came home with confidence and a new appreciation for three simple ingredients...flour, yeast and water.

Streets of San Fransisco

Can you say...pass the butter please!

Proofing baskets

Scoring is key in presentation


European breads

It goes on and on.....

The bread basket will never be the same..

No comments:

Post a Comment